As a Professional Community under the Property Institute umbrella we have a robust professional advancement and registration process.
Open to anyone currently studying a Property Institute accredited qualification. Students must be studying at least two papers per semester.
To download the application form for student membership click here.
Open to anyone actively involved in providing professional services to the property industry (A University qualification is not required).
To download the application form for affiliate membership click here.
One-off application fee: $125.00
Accredited Residential Property Management (ARPM)
This is a new qualification with post nominals for Residential Property Managers. Members who have obtained a NZ Certificate of Residential Property Management & complete the PROMINZ Ethics module are eligible to become accredited.
PROMINZ also offers an additional pathway to become accredited for Property managers with over 5 year's experience through completion of the ARPM exemption module.
Full Members (MPINZ)
The base requirement to apply for MPINZ are as follows;
- Have completed a minimum of 20 CPD points in the 2 years’ immediately prior to application;
- Have completed our PROMINZ Ethics module within the last 2 years;
- Have three referees (at least two of these are full members of PINZ);
- Include proof of qualifications (if relevant);
- Have paid a one-off $125.00 application fee
Applicants will be interviewed by members of their local branch. Applicants must demonstrate that he/she has relevant experience and knowledge. Once the branch has approved an application this will then be submitted to the PINZ board for approval. To download the application form for MPINZ click here.
Senior Member (SPINZ)
To be eligible to apply for senior membership you must meet the following criteria:
- Have been a member (MPINZ) of the Property Institute for at least six years
- Be registered with the Property Institute Board
- Have at least eight years post graduation work experience within the property industry
- Have held a senior position within the property industry for at least three years
- Have completed a minimum of 20 CPD points in the 2 years’ immediately prior to application
- Have completed our Ethics and Standards modules within the last 2 years
- Have three referees (at least two of these are full members of PINZ)
- Have paid a one-off $125.00 application fee.
Applicants will be interviewed by members of their local branch. Applicants must demonstrate that he/she has relevant experience and knowledge. Once the branch has approved an application this will then be submitted to the PINZ board for approval. To download the application form for SPINZ click here.
We have established a robust and consistent process for individual members to achieve registration.
This registration process is important because it demonstrates to our clients and stakeholders that PROMINZ registered members have proven knowledge and capability to provide professional property services to clients.
To gain registration, the member must have been a full member for at least 12 months prior to application, never been convicted of an offence punishable by imprisonment for a term of three months or more. Never been adjudged bankrupt or entered into a composition with creditors and satisfy the board that they are a suitable candidate for registration including that they have.
The registration process involves:
- An interview with a panel of branch and Professional Community representatives
- 3 examples of professional work
- Supplying evidence that the CPD requirements are fulfilled
- 2 nominations or letters of recommendation
- Supplying a current Curriculum Vitae.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the process for registration.
A member may be nominated for Fellowship of the Institute if they are deemed to have attained a significant professional standing. This includes recognition for services to the industry and to the Institute over an extended period. A nomination is from one of the Institute’s Branch Committees. Fellowships are awarded at the discretion of the Institute’s Board of Directors.
We are here to help. If you need assistance with membership please contact our team by emailing email@example.com or call us on 0800 698 258