Three of the five Professional Communities of the Property Institute of New Zealand have an optional registration process available to its members.
These communities are:
- Commercial Property Managers Institute (COMPRO)
- Property Advisory Council (IPAC)
- Plant & Machinery Valuers Institute (PMVI)
Registration with your Primary Professional Community shows your clients and stakeholders that you have proven knowledge and capability to provide professional property services above and beyond that of a member. It also provides the Institute with a platform to push for member exemptions from legislation.
To gain registration, the member must have been a full member (MPINZ) for at least 12 months before application and comply with the Institute's CPD program.
Registration must be renewed annually.
The registration process involves:
Members who hold an Annual Registration Certificate can display their certificates in their workplace.
- An interview with a panel of branch and Professional Community representatives
- A letter stating the reasons why you should be admitted to registration under the communities listed above.
- Annex two examples of work carried out by you in each category applied for. (If annexures are more than two pages, then an executive summary is requested). The Board will treat all examples in complete confidence.
- Supplying evidence that the CPD requirements are fulfilled (including 2 yearly completion of Ethics and Standards modules).
- Attach two written references testifying as to your professional experience and competence, with such references to be provided from persons for whom you have provided services, or with whom you have had a professional working relationship
- Supplying a current Curriculum Vitae.
- Paid the annual registration fee of $205. ( Invoiced in February)
PROMINZ Members : Are able to apply for ARPM. More information can be found here.
NZIV Members: The Valuers Registration Board provides a manual on the requirements for registration as a valuer. You can find this on the VRB website here.