Three of the four Professional Communities of the Property Institute of New Zealand have an optional registration process available to its members. These communities are:
- Commercial Property Managers Institute (COMPRO)
- Property Advisory Council (IPAC)
- Plant & Machinery Valuers Institute (PMVI)
Registration with your Primary Professional Community shows your clients and stakeholders that you have proven knowledge and capability to provide professional property services above and beyond that of a member. It also provides the Institute with a platform to push for member exemptions from legislation.
To gain registration, the member must have been a full member (MPINZ) for at least 12 months before application and comply with the Institute's CPD program.
The registration process involves:
An interview with a panel of branch and Professional Community representatives
- 3 examples of professional work.
- Supplying evidence that the CPD requirements are fulfilled (including 4 yearly completion of Ethics and Standards modules).
- 2 nominations or letters of recommendation.
- Supplying a current Curriculum Vitae.
Annual registration is invoiced in February and costs $205. Members who hold an Annual Registration Certificate can display their certificates in their workplace.
Please contact us email@example.com if you have any questions about the process for registration.
PROMINZ Members are able to apply for ARPM. More information can be found here.
The Valuers Registration Board provides a manual on the requirements for registration as a valuer, which is available here.