Our Professional Communities (excluding Real Property Valuation) have established a robust and consistent process for individual members to achieve registration in our Professional Communities.
This registration process is important because it demonstrates to our clients and stakeholders that PINZ registered members have proven knowledge and capability to provide professional property services to clients. It also provides the Institute with a platform to push for member exemptions from legislation.
The Professional Communities that exist under the Property Institute umbrella are:
- Commercial Property Managers Institute (COMPRO)
- Property Advisory Council (IPAC)
- Plant & Machinery Valuation (P&M)
- Property Managers Institute of New Zealand (PROMINZ)
To gain registration, the member must have been a full member for at least 24 months prior to application, have complied fully with the Institute's CPD program by completing a minimum of 40 CPD point in the past 24 months and satisfy the board that they are a suitable candidate for registration including that they have.
- Never been convicted of an offence punishable by imprisonment for a term of three months or more.
- Never been adjudged bankrupt or entered into a composition with creditors
The registration process involves:
An interview with a panel of branch and Professional Community representatives
- 3 examples of professional work
- Supplying evidence that the CPD requirements are fulfilled (including 4 yearly completion of Ethics and Standards modules)
- 2 nominations or letters of recommendation
- Supplying a current Curriculum Vitae
- Written exam (Plant & Machinery only)
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the process for registration.
Real Property Valuation is represented by the Valuers Registration Board and has an existing defined registration process through the Valuers Registration Board. The Valuers Registration Board provides a manual on the requirements for registration as a valuer, which is available here.