Webinar: Fire Safety Engineering Basics for Property Industry Professionals
- 15 July 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Save to Calendar
- CPD Points: 1.00
- Access Restrictions: The recording of this webinar is only available through the Property Institute site to people who have purchased access using the Register button on this page.
- Duration: 60:00
- $57.50 Members
- $115.00 Non Members
About the Event
This is an COMPRO/IPAC focussed webinar presented by Dr Greg Baker & Per Olsson / Fire Research Group.
In this informative webinar Greg and Per will provide some valuable insight into fire protection and fire science in the commercial building space.
The topics covered in this webinar will be:
- Fire safety engineering – what are the different phase of the fire safety engineering life-cycle (design, construction, certification, in-service)
- Basic fire science – what happens in a building fire
- Maintaining fire safety systems in commercial buildings – what do you need to be able to ensure fire safety system continue to operate as intended over the life of the building or facility
- Specified systems and compliance schedules
- Building warrant of fitness regime
- Issues to be aware of as a property industry professional and how to avoid the common pitfalls
Members please note, you will be required to complete a participation verification question before your CPD points will be automatically allocated to your CPD diary.
Dr Greg Baker
- Research Director at Fire Research Group Limited
Dr Greg Baker is an international expert in applied fire research for the built environment, specialising in the process of performance-based design, and has wide ranging project experience including fire testing, expert witness, and product R&D.
- Director at Fire Research Group Limited
Per Olsson is a highly experienced fire engineer, having work on large-scale projects in many parts of the world, as well as being an expert witness in many legal cases over the last 20 years including arbitration, civil and criminal court, and various tribunals in Sweden, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Australia.
He has a thorough knowledge and extensive experience in the preparation and presentation of independent expert evidence for clients who anticipate legal action and provides services related to expert witness litigation including advisory consulting, expert testimony, and peer review.