There are a number of ways to become a member ranging from student through to becoming a life member, and fellow. Membership has many advantages.
We provide public confidence through our members upholding the highest ethical standards, our voice in advocacy and collaborating internationally to set industry standards.
We deliver a life long career path supporting our people from Graduation to Retirement offering world-class education opportunities, future leaders programme and awards programme.
We expand your network through our extensive branch network, events and conferences we provide our people a diverse array of opportunities to meet and network with like-minded professionals.
Become a Member
You can click here to learn more about our membership types, the criteria and download the membership forms.
If you are interested in becoming a member? contact us.
How to Advance to a Registered Member
The registration process for Commercial Property Managers, Property Advisors & Consultant members Involves:
To gain registration, the member must have been a full member (MPINZ) for at least 12 months before application and comply with the Institute's CPD program.
- Completing the registration form
- An interview with a panel of branch and COMRPO/IPAC representatives
- A letter stating the reasons why you should be admitted to registration under the communities listed above.
- Annex two examples of work carried out by you in each category applied for. (If annexures are more than two pages, then an executive summary is requested). The Board will treat all examples in complete confidence.
- Supplying evidence that the CPD requirements are fulfilled (including 2 yearly completion of Ethics and Standards modules).
- Attach two written references testifying as to your professional experience and competence, with such references to be provided from persons for whom you have provided services, or with whom you have had a professional working relationship
- Supplying a current Curriculum Vitae.
- Paying the annual registration fee of $205. ( Invoiced in February)
- Members who hold an Annual Registration Certificate can display their certificates in their workplace.
- To renew your registration please complete the Registration Renewal Form. The annual registration fee is $205. (invoiced February)
REA CPD Exemption for Real Estate Licensees
REA offer CPD exemption for PINZ members who are real estate licensees.
The Property Institute of New Zealand (PINZ) is an approved professional body pursuant to Rule 12 of the Real Estate Agents (Continuing Professional Development Rules) Notice 2018.
This means that if you are a PINZ member who is a licensed real estate agent you can apply to the Real Estate Authority (REA) to be considered for an exemption from some or all of your annual REA verifiable continuing professional development (CPD) requirement.
Who may apply for an exemption?
A real estate licensee who is a Registered Member, Senior Member or Fellow of PINZ can apply for an exemption.
Applying for an exemption
- PINZ members who are real estate licensees can apply directly to REA for exemption of all or part of their annual CPD requirement by completing the application form.
- The form must be received by REA by 30 June of the year the licensee is applying for exemption.
- REA will advise the licensee if their application is successful.
- The CPD exemption for each licensee is for one year only.
- Applicants must remain CPD compliant with PINZ.