Regional PROMINZ Rising Star Awards
Northern Region; Central Region; Wellington; and Southern Region Regional Awards
This Award is for an individual working in a residential property management business in the area of property management for less than 2 years and recognises the outstanding achievements of that individual.
Entrant must be a member or affiliate of Property Institute of New Zealand
Entrant must have been in Property management for less than 24 months.
To enter this Award, entrants will be required to lodge a written submission addressing the areas set out below.
OUTSTANDING PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
What steps have you taken over the past 12 months to be the best in your field? (Maximum of 300 words)
SERVICE TO CLIENTS AND CUSTOMERS
Give 2 examples of how you have personally displayed outstanding service to landlords and tenants over the past 12 months. (Maximum 250 words)
KNOW YOUR NUMBERS
Property Managers, list your portfolio size at the beginning of the 12 month period, vs the end. Details on your arrears rate, your average letting time, number of weekly viewings (for letting agents), New Managements and any other information to support your application. If available, please show the benchmarking data for your organisation.
CONTRIBUTION OR INNOVATIONS TO YOUR TEAM / COMPANY
In the last 12 months, specify any ideas or innovations you have assisted with, implemented or been part of. How has this made you a better Letting Agent or Property Manager? (Maximum 300 words)
In a 60 second video, describe your achievements and why you should receive this award. If you are unable to produce a video, this can be made in writing.
National PROMINZ Property Manager of the Year
The Residential Property Manager of the Year award is made at the discretion of the Property Managers Institute of New Zealand (PROMINZ) Council and may be made annually to any person whom the Council considers to have shown exceptional levels of professionalism, excellence, best practice and service to the residential property manager sector.
The award is open to any member of the Property Institute of New Zealand that identifies with the PROMINZ community and who has been a member for at least 12 months. A nominee’s contribution may have been made in either a single calendar year or over a longer period.
To apply for the award a completed nomination form with the following supporting attachments must be provided:
- A CV from the nominee
- Supporting statements from the nominee of up to 500 words for each of the following categories:
- Excellence in property management – An outline of what the nominee sees as the most important responsibility of their role and the steps they have taken over the past 12 months to be the best in their field?
- Service to clients and customers - Examples of the nominee displaying outstanding service to landlords and tenants over the past 12 months and why they believe these are significant.
- Know your numbers - Detail of the nominee’s portfolio statistics: average rent, average management fee, new business won, properties lost, average time of tenancy, average time on market (letting). Tell us how these results were achieved.
- Supporting or teaching others – A description of how the nominee supported another less experienced property manager within their team or outside their business over the past 12 months.
- Three written commendations from colleagues, clients or Property Institute members
The Property Managers Institute of New Zealand may seek further information from nominees as deemed necessary and interviews may be conducted by one or more of the awarding panel as part of the Award deliberation process.
The awarding panel will comprise a member of the PINZ Board, the PINZ Chief Executive Officer and a representative from each PINZ Professional Community. The decision of the awarding panel is final.
Nominees that are shortlisted for the award will be notified by Friday 14 May 2021.
The presentation of the award will be made at the PINZ National Property Conference in Auckland on 14-16 July 2021.