Members adhere to the Rules of the Property Institute of New Zealand.
Any person may lodge a complaint with the Property Institute concerning any member where that member is alleged to have:
- Violated any part of the Institute's Rules or By-laws, or mandatory sections of the Code of Professional Practice;
- Committed any civil or criminal offence punishable by imprisonment;
- Knowingly been involved in any dishonest practice or dealing;
- Engaged in conduct prejudicial to the good name of the Institute; or
- Obtained admission to the Institute by improper means.
Complaints against members of the Property Institute are referred to the Professional Conduct Committee.
To lodge a complaint please click here.
Please note the process for lodging a complaint against a Registered Valuer does differ. You can click here for more information about this process.