About the IPMA
The leading voice in independent property management
The IPMA was established in 2003 as an independent means of delivering a voice for the property management industry. In mid-2018 the Association joined forces with the Property Institute of New Zealand (PINZ) in a bid to further enhance professional ethics and standards.
The IPMA provides a framework within which individuals and companies can work.
It supports members throughout New Zealand all committed to raising the standard of property management.
The organisational key objectives are to:
- Raise standards in the residential property management sector
- Improve the public standing of the property management industry
- Provide members with support and training to enhance their professional skills
- Facilitate training opportunities for Continuing Professional Development
- Lobby the government on behalf of members on relevant law reforms relating to the industry
- Provide protection for the public through a robust complaints process
The IPMA has a defined Constitution underpinned by a set of Rules, Code of Practice and Code of Ethics.
All new members are required to fulfill the following requirements:
- A clear Police check & credit record
- Operate a separate bank account for rents
- Hold Public Liability insurance
- Agree to our strict code of practice / code of ethics
- Adhere to the Residential Tenancies Act
- Actively maintain ongoing professional development
- Act professionally at ALL TIMES
Download the application form here .
NOTE: This page is still under construction, if you require immediate information please click here